I know I’m a little late to the game on this, but better late than never! I’ve been on my interventional radiology rotation and I’ve been averaging 14-hour days, so there you have it. At least I have vacation time coming up soon. 😛
Honestly, I really love IR. We stop all kinds of bleeds (brain, lungs, GI, spleen, uterine, etc.) and save life and limb for many patients who are either too high risk to go to surgery or refuse to go to surgery (or, you know, we’re just a better option). I’ve done all kinds of arterial and venous accesses for angiography, chemotherapy and long term antibiotic treatment. We also drain fluid collections and place tubes/needles in pretty much anywhere you can think of. It can be pretty intense, but I’d love to do at least some percentage of IR when I grow up. 😉
Anywho, I’m veering way off course here…so, WRITING GOALS. Let’s do this.
1. Make my debut novel, Releasing the Demons, a successful summer release (via Soul Mate Publishing). There will be lots of flailing, bloodshed and tears, but that’s what we do for love, AMIRITE?
2. Finish the next book, Black Bullet, and submit it to my fabulous editor. I’m already over halfway done with the first draft and I’m hoping to have it finished before RTD is unleashed unto the world.
3. Start the third book in the series. I’m undecided as to which of my boys will be up for the third book. I’m thinking either a novella versus another book that is also nearly half written. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.
4. Blog more and host other fellow authors. I’ve already signed up to be a blogger at the SMP author blog site, so like it or not, you’ll be seeing me around a lot more often. 😉 Also, I’m going to find other awesome writers for you to check out, SO THERE.
5. Keep my website and social media platforms up-to-date. I recently updated this sexy page with RTD’s book blurb and a playlists section. Also, you can contact me now. Not that you couldn’t before, but now it’s OFFICIAL.
6. And finally, JUST BE PLAIN AWESOME. ‘Cause who doesn’t want to be awesome?
I also have other personal goals, like exercise, eat right, study more, blah blah blah, I won’t bore you with those. But I’d love to hear your goals (if you have them) and feel free to share any blog posts you’ve written about them in the comments. What’s the one thing you want most out of 2015? *stands and raises fist* HOW FAR WILL YOU GO TO HAVE IT?
Ahem. *calmly sits back down and sips wine* Carry on, then.
Fabulous goals and I know you will succeed.
Thank you, Sue! I hope so! 🙂
Goals are the first step toward getting the job done. The wine ritual at the end, 100% necessary to stay on course! Good luck with your goals 🙂
Thanks, Sharon! Wine always makes things better. 😉
I can’t wait to see RTD in print and check out the cover! Love the title Black Bullet. You have a solid plan and you’ll do great! I up for sipping more wine, LOL. Good luck 🙂
Ha, glad you like the title, Deb! I already have the titles for every planned book in the series, lol. I can’t wait until RTD releases too! Here’s to hoping I get shit done. 😛
And yes, moar wine!
Loved hearing about your doctoring! Who knew there was something called Intervention Radiology? 🙂 Your goals sound realistic-aggressive and AWESOME! All the best, Katie OBoyle
I’m glad you enjoyed it, Kate! Yes, interventional radiology is quite awesome and it’s been around for quite some time. Us radiologists have pioneered loads of minimally invasive procedures (including cardiac catheterization). It’s pretty sophisticated and a lot of fun.
Thanks for stopping by and reading! 🙂
There is one goal you will absolutely be unable to achieve, I’m sorry to say–the one about being totally awesome. You can’t complete a goal already and thoroughly completed. 🙂 Ok, enough schmaltz. 2015 is going to be a great year. I feel it in my bogwitchy bones! Maybe not an easy year, but a great one full of greatness and great things and great people. I am giddy with greatness today! Hehee! ❤
Ha, Terri! You’re too kind! ❤ 2015 is going to be awesome–we should call it the YEAR OF AWESOME. 😛
And there's nothing wrong with greatness! We need more greatness in our lives. 😛
Great goals! And I definitely have to agree with the bog witch about that awesomeness…..
Haha, thanks Maura! You are also too kind. ❤
Cool to hear about part of your “doctor” job. I’m sure that gives you plenty of fodder and I also didn’t know about that aspect of radiology. I’m amazed that you have time to write. Love your titles and best of luck.
My goals for 2015:
Finish the sequel to THURSDAYS AT COCONUTS (about one-third finished but it’s a hot mess since I’m a pantser).
Write a novella because I never have and they’re hot right now.
Finish and submit my fourth children’s picture book, SOUR POWER, and possibly a fifth.
Have several more book signings for THURSDAYS AT COCONUTS, my debut women’s fiction.
Blog more consistently. Whew. I need a glass of wine.
Beth, doctoring definitely gives me lots of writing fodder! Glad you like the titles and sometimes I don’t even know how I manage to get any writing done.
Your goals sound wonderful! I didn’t know you wrote children’s books–that’s great! I’m a hybrid pantser-plotter (pantser>>>plotter) so I know what you mean about hot messes. 😉 Good luck with your goals as well!
Congrats on launching your debut novel! That’s awesome. 😀
Thanks Andrea! 🙂