I know I’m a little late to the game on this, but better late than never! I’ve been on my interventional radiology rotation and I’ve been averaging 14-hour days, so there you have it. At least I have vacation time coming up soon. 😛
Honestly, I really love IR. We stop all kinds of bleeds (brain, lungs, GI, spleen, uterine, etc.) and save life and limb for many patients who are either too high risk to go to surgery or refuse to go to surgery (or, you know, we’re just a better option). I’ve done all kinds of arterial and venous accesses for angiography, chemotherapy and long term antibiotic treatment. We also drain fluid collections and place tubes/needles in pretty much anywhere you can think of. It can be pretty intense, but I’d love to do at least some percentage of IR when I grow up. 😉
Anywho, I’m veering way off course here…so, WRITING GOALS. Let’s do this.
1. Make my debut novel, Releasing the Demons, a successful summer release (via Soul Mate Publishing). There will be lots of flailing, bloodshed and tears, but that’s what we do for love, AMIRITE?
2. Finish the next book, Black Bullet, and submit it to my fabulous editor. I’m already over halfway done with the first draft and I’m hoping to have it finished before RTD is unleashed unto the world.
3. Start the third book in the series. I’m undecided as to which of my boys will be up for the third book. I’m thinking either a novella versus another book that is also nearly half written. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.
4. Blog more and host other fellow authors. I’ve already signed up to be a blogger at the SMP author blog site, so like it or not, you’ll be seeing me around a lot more often. 😉 Also, I’m going to find other awesome writers for you to check out, SO THERE.
5. Keep my website and social media platforms up-to-date. I recently updated this sexy page with RTD’s book blurb and a playlists section. Also, you can contact me now. Not that you couldn’t before, but now it’s OFFICIAL.
6. And finally, JUST BE PLAIN AWESOME. ‘Cause who doesn’t want to be awesome?
I also have other personal goals, like exercise, eat right, study more, blah blah blah, I won’t bore you with those. But I’d love to hear your goals (if you have them) and feel free to share any blog posts you’ve written about them in the comments. What’s the one thing you want most out of 2015? *stands and raises fist* HOW FAR WILL YOU GO TO HAVE IT?
Ahem. *calmly sits back down and sips wine* Carry on, then.